Webinar 4: Tools & Techniques for Nanomechanical Testing of Biomaterials:
Part II: Softer Biomaterial Applications
Hysitron is pleased to announce the fourth of its webinar series titled "Tools & Techniques for Nanomechanical Testing of Biomaterials: Part II: Softer Biomaterial Applications". This is presented in partnership with Materials Today (Elsevier) and is available on-demand.
As biomaterials research continues to advance and enhance the overall quality of life, the methods by which researchers achieve such new heights must also be continuously developed and optimized. This webinar will cover established and recently developed tools and techniques for nanomechanical characterization of biomaterials.
To view the recorded webinar presentation click here and select the "Log in to this event" button.
Webinar Highlights include:
- Tim Ovaert, Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- S. A. Syed Asif, Ph.D., Director of R&D at Hysitron
• Live Q & A session following the webinar presentation
• Details on in-situ testing techniques, highlighted by application examples
Key points to be covered with regards to testing of biomaterials include: testing in vitro, why nano matters when studying biomaterials, fluorescence microscopy combined with nanomechanical testing, and research fields for which the tools and techniques presented have been well-established, including:
• Hard, mineralized tissues, such as bone and teeth
• Biomedical devices and implantable materials (stents, catheters,
contact lenses, etc.)
• Soft, biological materials (cartilage, tissues, cells, etc.)
• Biomimetic materials research
• Wood, fibers, plants, etc.
Points to Note:
• Webinar registration is free. Please sign up here
• After the live webinar, the recorded presentation will be made available
in different languages
• Please feel free to contact us before and/or after the webinar with
questions or comments
We look forward to your participation in the webinar!