The TI 750H depth-sensing indenter provides quantitative mechanical property measurements from the nanoscale into the microscale. Featuring Hysitron's proprietary MultiRange NanoProbe™ technology, the TI 750H is well suited for applications requiring extended indenter travel or a larger force range. They system can be readily upgraded with Hysitron's proprietary capacitive transducer technology when future testing requirements mandate true nanoscale characterization. The TI 750H is equipped with motorized staging and automated software routines to reduce time to results and simplify instrument operation.
The TI 750H is specifically designed for quantitative mechanical property characterization of thick films, bulk materials, and composites. With a displacement range covering three orders of magnitude and a force range covering six, the TI 750H is a highly versatile tool for bridging the gap between microscale and nanoscale mechanical property characterization.
The MultiRange NanoProbe utilizes a cutting-edge piezoelectric load cell in combination with Hysitron's reliable and patented capacitive sensor technology to provide unparalleled results over decades of probe force and displacement with industy-leading performance. To assure accurate and reliable results, the indentation process is continuously monitored and adjusted through a high-frequency digital feedback loop which collects information from the high-precision load cell an capacitive displacment sensor. The unique design of the MultiRange NanoProbe provides the flexibility to customize the maximum load of the transducer head from 500 mN up to 10 N, depending on application and testing needs.
Hysitron's Digital Controller provides unparalleled levels of control over the indentation test. The TI 750H utilizes a high bandwidth, closed-loop feedback control system that incoporates advanced PID control algorithms that allows system operation in either load or displacement control. The addition of an adaptive gain control aids in PID gain adjustment in real-time during the test to produce the highest quality data available over the entire force and displacement range of the system. An ultra-fast 78 kHz feedback loop rate greatly increases the precision of force or displacement controlled depth-sensing indentation testing and assures that the TI 750H can effectively respond to ultra-fast transsient events such as dislocation nucleation, fracture, and film delamination.
A custom-engineered enclosure provides superior isolation from thermal, acoustic, and air current disturbances to provide stable and accurate nano/micro mechanical testing data with a mximum speed and repeatability in a wide range of environments. A dimensionally-stable granite frame with a passive vibration dampening system further assures superior system performance for quantitative mechanical characterization. Hysitron has made great strides in engineering environmental isolation systems for our instrumentation and guarantees TI 750H performance specifications at the time of installation.
Hysitron's TI 750H Ubi features:
- Unique piezo loading, high-precision flexure and capacitive sensing transducer technology offers superior stability and low thermal drift
- Customizable force range from 500 mN to 10 Nm depending on application
- Hysitron's Digital Controller for high precision force or displacement controlled nanomechanical testing
- Automated testing for high throughput and statistical sampling of materials
- Acoustic and thermal enclosure, along with stable transducer design, for minimal set-up and stablization time
- Color top-down optics for viewing and selection of testing sites
- Passive vibration dampening systems ensure low noise and uncompromised sensitivity
- Staging with sub-micron resolution for accurate sample positioning
- Numerous add-ons that allow the widest array of testing capabilities in the market
View the TI 750 Comparison Chart, TI 750L Ubi, or the TI 750D Ubi