There are several specially designed vacuum sample stages available for the TI Series of instruments. The vacuum sample stages are designed to securely hold large, flat samples during testing while eliminating the potential interference from magnetic sample holders. The use of a large vacuum platform allows an entire wafer or disc (up to 300mm with the TI Series TriboIndenter® systems) to be tested with ease.
The smaller vacuum sample stage used with the TI Series TriboIndenter instruments are designed to accommodate a sample from a few millimeters across to 150mm. The vacuum sample stage available with the TI Series Ubi™ instrument is designed to test four or five small samples (up to 1cm) with flat, smooth undersides. A major benefit of the vacuum sample stage is that there is no need to adhere samples to a steel (or magnetic) sample puck for testing as long as the underside is smooth and can maintain a firm vacuum.
The vacuum sample stage is designed to quickly and easily replace the standard sample stage of the TI Series instruments and is versatile enough to work with a range of samples.
The standard vacuum sample stage may be equipped with an optional external vacuum pump (produced by Hysitron) or connected to a house vacuum line through standard quick-connect tubing.
The Hysitron Vacuum Stages feature:
- Quick and secure mount for smooth samples of nearly any size
- Full-coverage vacuum chambers offer secure sample mounting options for various wafer sizes and many other samples
- Precisely machined surface area ensures proper vacuum pressure is maintained
- Nonmagnetic stainless steel components eliminate interference from magnetic sample mounting and the inconvenience of mechanical clip sample mounting
- Quiet and powerful modular vacuum provides vacuum pressure for any application
- Testing area varies with instrument options and sample stage style