TriboImage enables multiple cycle wear testing under complete feedback control to enhance testing at the frontier of tribological research. TriboImage brings a complete package for cutting edge friction and wear testing and includes features such as multiple cycle analysis, load or displacement control in 2 dimensions and friction mapping,
TriboImage works by sliding a nanoindentation tip in a reciprocating motion while measuring force and displacement in both the X and Z axis. The linear wear pattern reproduces the reciprocating motion typical of many practical applications and is comparable in deformation mechanics to pin-on-disc wear experiments.
With the addition of application specific probe tips, the full TriboImage package is an exciting addition to your Hysitron system.
Hysitron's TriboImage features:
- Instant visualization of changes in friction through the sample structure
- Rapid set-up of experiments involving thousands of cycles
- Full automation capability
- Complete control over load and/or displacement programming
- Multiple probes available based on application
- Friction image mapping capability
- Flexible analysis of sub-regions or segments
- Isolation of forward and reverse direction analysis